“At the end of our first Skerries Soundwaves-Festival weekend it is time for a big round of thank yous: “Drum roll….”
* Ray and Paddy and all @ Skerries Mills for the great set-up at the Launch
* Peter and Niamh for bringing the Illustrated Beatles exhibition to Skerries
* Debbie for the Magic show
* Angela for the Eleanor McEvoy gig at Blue Bar
* Gráinne & Niamh and Sabine & Mat & Ciarán and all their helpers for a fantastic Lego and Minecraft Day
* Ray and the Skerries Cycling Initiative for the fun cycle to Ardgillan
* Ray and the UkeHooligans for a great gig in the Mills
* All the yellow shirts and their helpers from TY in Skerries Community College
* All the wonderful people who came along to these events.
Take a bow, have a rest day tomorrow – because on Tuesday the Festival resumes with Tribal Drumming and Joni Mitchell!! Can’t wait!!”
Thus our festival director. Not much to add to that!
Locally, we’re very well covered by Skerries News, who also designed the printed programme this year. The current issue has a lovely write-up about the Minecraft launch, for example. North County Leader and Fingal Independent are also great for festival pictures and reports.
And we also get coverage nationwide!
If you’re a regular listener to Lyric fm, you may have heard Marty in the Morning mentioning our Eleanor McEvoy gig and even playing one of her songs last Wednesday.
And the Irish Times carried this on Saturday:
So there you are!
And don’t miss our day-to-day reports on what’s happening in our Festival Blog section, with lots of pictures. So far, we’ve covered Friday (the launch) and Saturday (Children’s Art Workshop, Jack Wise & Eleanor McEvoy) – the report on Sunday will follow.