Brochures are printed. The Launch is being prepared.
Welcome to Soundwaves 2015! Here are our events;
- Soundwaves Launch at Skerries Mills, Thur 17 September, 8 p.m.
- Artwaves Art Trail incorporating Thomas Brezing Art Installations: Skerries Mills and locations all over Skerries, 17 to 27 September. See also the Artwaves.ie website!
- Battle of the Bands: Little Theatre, Fri 18 September, doors open 7 p.m.
- Soundwaves Minecraft Project: Online, virtual launch: Sat Sept 19, 12 noon; server will be open until Friday, September 25, 2015 at 8:00 PM (LMT)
- Mindfulness Workshop in Ardgillan Castle with BrighterMinds.ie: Sat 19 Sept, 10.15 a.m.
- Yoga Workshop in Ardgillan Castle with BrighterMinds.ie: Sat 19 Sept, 2 p.m.
- Night Airs – A Miscellany of Words and Music: Skerries Mills: Sat 19 Sept., 8 p.m.
- The Human Collective: Sketches with Foróige Teenagers: Little Theatre: Sat 19 Sept, 8 p.m.
- Ukulele Orchestra: Skerries Mills: Sun 20 Sept, 2 p.m.
- Wild Tales: Rockabill Film Society: Sailing Club: Wed 23 Sept, doors open 8 p.m.
- Overshadowed – A New Play by Sunday’s Child: Little Theatre: Thurs 24 Sept, 8 p.m.
- An Evening with Fingal Chamber Choir and Friends: Holmpatrick Church: Fri 25 Sept, 8 p.m.
- Tribal Drumming – End of Workshop Concert: Little Theatre: Fri 25 Sept, 8.30 p.m.
- Family Fun Pottery Event: Skerries Arts School, Sat 26 Sept., at 2 p.m. and at 4 p.m. (Tickets from the Art School)
- Hansel and Gretel by North Dublin Opera: Little Theatre, Sat 26 Sept., 7.30 p.m.
- Soundwaves Concert at The Mills 2015: THE WALLS with support DARLING plus THE FONTAINES: Skerries Mills, Sat 26 Sept., doors 7.30 p.m.
- Soundwaves Minecraft Project: Wrap Party (Included in Server Pass price): Sun 27 Sept, 12 noon
- Mr Toots Mystery Tour: From St Patrick’s Church, Skerries: Sun 27 Sept, 12 noon
- Cake Decorating Contest: Skerries Arts School, Sun 27 Sept., 12 noon
- Soundwaves Street Party: Strand Street, Sun 27 Sept., 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Musical Oasis @ the Soundwaves Street Party: Methodist Church, Sun 27 Sept., 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tell Me a Story: Holmpatrick N.S.: Sun 27 Sept, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Night Parade and Fireworks: Community Centre to Skerries Harbour, Sun 27 Sept., 7 p.m. / 8 p.m.
Click on any event in this list to see the event description (and purchase tickets should you want to do so).
Many events don’t need tickets. Whether it’s our festival launch or the street party, the art trail or the parade & fireworks, just show up and join in the fun!
For others, you can purchase tickets either directly here on the site (there is a fee for that, which goes to Eventbrite, the site which we use for our online sales) – or visit Skerries Tourism Office, 18 Thomas Hand Street (open Wed to Sun, 10.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.).
And while you wait for the events to come around, have a look at the rest of this page, and enjoy the photographs mainly taken by the members of Skerries Camera Club. They will, once again, be at the Festival and document our fun with their cameras!
PS: We know the brochure is too small here, find it in the shops, tourism office and other places in Skerries – and in your letter box (unless you have a “no junk mail” sticker)!
Last updated on 14 September 2015.
Lego Day on 21 June – a fun Fundraiser for Soundwaves!
This year’s Skerries Soundwaves Lego Day took place on Sunday June 21, as a fundraiser for our annual festival (September 17 to 27, 2015). You can read more about it here!
Soundwaves will be back from September 17 to 27, 2015!
We’ll give you information as we receive it from the event organisers.
North Dublin Opera this year will perform Humperdinck’s Hansel and Gretel, a fairy-tale opera, for children. The opera features a host of colourful characters, including fairies and witches, as well as dazzling music. The cast is made up of a talented bunch of young professional musicians, and the audience will have the chance to meet with them afterwards to find out what the life of a professional musician is really like. An excellent introduction to classical music for young children.
And while you’re waiting for more information… Here’s a taste of what happened 2014.
Thank you to all those who were part of it – organisers, performers, volunteers, sponsors and most importantly festival goers!
Would you like to help us make 2015 an even better festival? Then do give us your feedback on the festival. Thank you!
For now, we have put together pictures and reviews of some of our 2014 events.
We are adding to the list!
Next, we hope to add pictures and a few lines about:
…The Final Day 2014: Céilí, Street Party, Parade and Fireworks
…Tribal Drumming 2014
…Soundwaves Minecraft 2014