Terms and Conditions for the ArtWaves Open-Submission 2017
Terms and conditions for entry:
Artwaves 2017 Open-Submission is open to artists living or working within Fingal.
Up to 3 pieces may be submitted. Submission of artwork and fee of €5 per artwork payable is via the www.artwaves.ie website.
Submission opening - Sunday 28th May 2017
- Submission closing - Extended Deadline Monday 21st August 2017 (was previously Friday 18th August)
- Selection process - Tuesday 22nd - 25th August 2017
- Notification - artists to be informed of decision - 25th August 2017
- Drop off of works to Skerries Art School, Skerries Mills - Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd September 2017 from 10am - 5pm
- Transport of selected works to and from the gallery is the artist’s responsibility
All work must be professionally presented and ready for exhibition.
- All unframed photographs must be wrapped and protected with special attention paid to the surface and edges.
- Delicate 3D work must be boxed and labeled.
- Anything to be hung must have the necessary hardware attached.
- Exposed wet canvases, or other work, will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Work that is deemed damaged or unfit for exhibition will be automatically deemed ineligible for exhibition.
- Due to limited wall space preferential consideration will be given to medium and small sized 2D and 3D works.
- Outdoor installations or external sculptures submitted must suitable for exterior exhibition.
When submitting a proposal (as opposed to an finished artwork), artists should include detailed text, photographs, sketches and examples of previous work to enable the selection panel to accurately judge the merit and practicality of the application. Artists may be further required to demonstrate that they are capable of carrying out their proposal.
If the artwork handed-in on the day is not a true representation of the photographic image submitted online or it is not properly presented, ArtWaves reserves the right to refuse acceptance of this work and in such case return of the work is the responsibility of the artist.
Any work deemed a Health & Safety risk will not be considered for exhibition. Please remember this when choosing materials eg: broken glass, heavy weights etc.
Any electrical equipment that is included as part of your submitted artwork must carry the required electrical certification.
The upmost care will be taken of all works submitted for the exhibition. However, Artwaves will not be responsible for any damage, loss of, or destruction of any works for any reason whatsoever. Please remember these works will be exhibited in public venues. Where necessary artists should insure their work against all risks
By submitting work the artist agrees that ArtWaves may use images of their work for publicity purposes. This includes website, print, social media and any potential publications.
Work sold during and as a result of this exhibition is subject to 15% commission on the selling price.
No work may be removed from any of the premises until after the close of the exhibition.
Unsold artworks must be collected on Monday 25th September 2017 only.
- Collection times are between 3 pm and 7pm.
- Any uncollected works will be subject to a storage fee of €5 per week.
- Any artworks not collected after a period of 1 month will be considered the property of Artwaves.