Mark your diaries, invite your friends and family from further afield… The 2016 Skerries Soundwaves Festival will take place from Thursday September 22nd to Sunday 25th September. Gig at the Mills, Soundwaves Minecraft, Classical Concert in Holmpatrick, Festival Street Party, Night Parade… We’re hoping to squeeze all your favourites, and more, into four fun-filled days.
Welcoming our new chair, Niamh Q.
This year see’s a new chairperson on board: Niamh Quigley. Welcome to the helm!
Niamh says: “I was drawn into Soundwaves by Ernestine in 2009, her energy and enthusiasm is infectious. It is a mad busy festival and each year new people come on board so we are always coming up with new ideas for events. This year promises to be bigger than ever with a few twists. As always the support from the people of Skerries is fantastic.”
With Niamh in charge, we can look forward to a great festival for 2016!
Below you can see Niamh (in yellow Soundwaves T-Shirts) our most recent chair, Gráinne Enright & Ernestine Woelger, without whom we would not have Soundwaves now. Thank you for all your hard work, ladies!
That was Soundwaves 2015
What a festival we had 2015! Here are the events that were on our programme this year. Where there are links, we already have pictures up. Where there aren’t, we hope to have them up within the next week.
Thank you for your support, everybody! It’s one of the many things that make our town such a great place to live in (and to visit).
…. follow the links to see photographs & short reports (as we get the time to update them… work in progress!
- Soundwaves Launch at Skerries Mills, Thur 17 September
- Battle of the Bands: Little Theatre, Fri 18 September
- Night Airs – A Miscellany of Words and Music: Skerries Mills: Sat 19 Sept.
- The Human Collective: Sketches with Foróige Teenagers: Little Theatre: Sat 19 Sept
- Ukulele Orchestra: Skerries Mills: Sun 20 Sept
- Wild Tales: Rockabill Film Society: Sailing Club: Wed 23 Sept.
- Overshadowed – A New Play by Sunday’s Child: Little Theatre: Thurs 24 Sept
- An Evening with Fingal Chamber Choir and Friends: Holmpatrick Church: Fri 25 Sept.
- Tribal Drumming – End of Workshop Concert: Little Theatre: Fri 25 Sept.
- Soundwaves Minecraft Project and Wrap Party 2015.
- Family Fun Pottery and Cake Decorating Events: Skerries Arts School.
- Hansel and Gretel by North Dublin Opera: Little Theatre, Sat 26 Sept.
- Soundwaves Concert at The Mills 2015: THE WALLS with support DARLING plus THE FONTAINES: Skerries Mills, Sat 26 Sept.
- Artwaves Art Trail: Skerries Mills and locations all over Skerries, 17 to 27 September. See also the Artwaves.ie website!
- Mr Toots Mystery Tour: From St Patrick’s Church, Skerries: Sun 27 Sept.
- Soundwaves Street Party: Strand Street, Sun 27 Sept.
- Musical Oasis @ the Soundwaves Street Party: Methodist Church, Sun 27 Sept.
- Tell Me a Story: Holmpatrick N.S.: Sun 27 Sept.
- Night Parade and Fireworks: Community Centre to Skerries Harbour, Sun 27 Sept.